Flexible ducts become more popular in the field of HVAC system. One of the reasons is a wide scope of application. Thay are successfully used in civil and industrial construction, as well as power, trade and pharmaceutical industry.
Flexible duct is an air intake hose equipped with stiffener plates due to which the initial appearance of ventilation duct is preserved.
Specifications of flexible ducts
When ordering flexible ducts for ventilation system, it is necessary to pay attention to such specifications as:
- absence/presence of insulation system;
- withstand temperature and pressure;
- length of vnetilation duct in uncompressed and compressed condition.
Mentioned above specifications are paramount. There are also another specifications, such as number of layers, type of fire resistance, coefficient of hydraulic resistance, air flow rate, wire thickness.
Standard thickness of wire is 0,8-1,7 mm, diameter – 20 mm and more, coefficient of hydraulic resistance – 0,05.
Advantages and disadvantages of flexible ducts
- Durability. Ventilation ducts are resistant to temperature drop and corrosion.
- Ease of installation. Design features and light weight significantly makes easy an equipment installation. Flexible ducts can be bent at any angle.
- Wide scope of application. Wide choice of size and scope of application allow to implement projects of any complexity.
- Noiseless operation. Soft materials prevent noise and vibration ducring operation of ventilation system.
- Compactness. Compact size simplifies loading, transportation and storage of ventilation ducts.
- Affordable price. Flexible ducts (in comparison with metal ducts) are cheaper but operational characteristics are in a high level.
- Flexible ducts are not used with powerful ventilation systems. High aerodynamic resistance helps to reduce the air flow rate and increase the load on the pipe walls.
- Temperature limit (no more than 100%). Such air ducts can’t be used in hot work shops.
- Uneven surface (excluding PVC ducts) causes dust formation on internal surfaces and pollution.
- Tendency to deform. Incorrect installation leads to equipment deformation. Remember that the equipment more than 5 m can’t be installed vertically.
Types and ways of connection
Typically flexible ducts are made of aluminium foil, PVC, polyether, polyurethane.
Flexible connectors, collars, T-joints and other fittings are also used for connection of air ducts.
If you want to order reliable flexible ducts at the lowest prices in Tashkent, contact our company! We offer a wide choice of flexible ducts (insulated and noninsulated) with delivery all over Uzbekistan.